Saturday, December 6, 2008

Although I am new to spanking at this point in my life, I actually had my first adult spanking experience in college. Shortly after I transferred to a new university, I met another student who lived in my dorm. We just clicked as friends. From the beginning, I thought she was rather motherly for such a young girl (we were both in our early twenties). What I really admired about her was that she seemed to be so self-confident and goal-oriented. Having grown up in a family with in which disorganization and chaos was the norm, finding someone who seemed so different seemed appealing. Now, just to be clear, this was not a sexual attraction. Guys have always been my thing. But I wanted to be like her. One night, I got up the courage to ask her how she was so organized and did so well in school. She told me about her family life and how her parents were very loving but strict with discipline, especially spanking. My parents weren't spankers at all. She wanted to know if I had ever really had anyone to hold me accountable. Well, that was easy to answer-no! And I certainly hadn't come into the world with a great deal of self-discipline apparently. So, my friend asked me if I would be interested in being held accountable for my poor choices. Of course, my first question was, how? She suggested that we talk about what had happened during each day after dinner. If she felt that I had made a misguided choice or shown poor judgement, , then she would punish me just like her parents did. When it dawned on me what she meant, I was apprehensive at first. But, she was offering something that I knew I needed. And so, I was soon to learn what a real spanking was like.

The next day was a good one for me. I met with my friend, we talked, and then I went back to my room to study. Well, that was my intent anyway. On the way to my room, another friend asked me to go shopping with her. That sounded like a lot more fun than studying for a test. After all, my grade was good in this class, and I knew the material pretty well. So, I went shopping. Of course, I got back too late to study. However, I did well on the test,so no harm, right? Absolutely wrong, according to my friend the next night. She explained that over time, this pattern of behavior could really cause problems. (Is it any surprise that she is a clinical psychiatrist today?!) We were sitting on her bed, and abruptly, she stood up and told me to take my pants off. O.K., now this was getting weird, but strangely, I did it. She sat back down, and told me to lie over her lap. I still don't know why I did it. She let me keep my underwear on, but I was still very embarrassed for, oh, about 30 seconds. She started spanking me, and I was surprised at how much it hurt! I also expected it to be over quickly. No such luck! She was very thorough. But, more than that, after, the spanking, she gave me a lecture like I had never had before. She made it clear that she wouldn't put up with irresponsibility.
Believe me, for once in my life, I thought about the consequences of my actions before making rash decisions. She continued to spank me as needed during the next two years. Without a doubt, her influence made a very positive difference in my life.

No comments: